As you’re reading this, I’m on a plane to Paris. My mission? Take a better night photo of the Eiffel Tower and bring home L’Angele. Just kidding. Sort of. Not about the surprise though.
Emily and I have a few things on our agenda but the week is mostly about walking around the loveliest city in the world (feel free to argue with me about this, but know that I will argue right back), some site-seeing, eating as many crepes and macaroons off street vendors as we can, and of course, shopping Sorry Norman, it’s just not the same when you’re with us. And as God is my witness, we shall bring L’Angele back. If you follow me on Pinterest, here’s what she looks like. I’m thinking dark grey but I won’t know for sure till I get there.
Last time we were in Paris together, and even though we bought our tickets and made train reservations, we totally forgot to visit Versailles. So Emily hasn’t seen it yet but, being the castle-junkie that she is, I know she will be very impressed. Also didn’t have time for Sacré Coeur, which we sacri-ficed for the obligatory Notre Dame church (of the Quasimodo fame). And of course, no trip to Paris would be complete without visiting our favorite Musée du Quai Branly and dining at Le Coq, Emily’s special restaurant.
Now for the “Megan went to Paris” surprise
Remember the tee shirts that said “Someone I know went to ___ and all I got was this lousy t-shirt”? During our trip, I’ll be putting together a surprise called “Megan went to Paris and all I got was this lousy package“.
Here’s how it’ll work:
- I’ll be posting daily-ish photos on my tumblr account of our mother-daughter Paris trip.
- In it, each day (-ish) will be a photo of a Paris-y item that goes in the surprise package. I dunno what it is yet, thus the surprise part.
- If it’s an easy-to-find and inexpensive item, I’m open to requests. I’ve been saving for L’Angele for over a year, so all available funds will naturally have to go to that, first.
- When we get back, I’ll run a random drawing and one lucky winner will get the whole Paris package. What do you think?
How to participate in this Paris surprise giveaway
As a blogger, my aim is to reach as many readers as I can and I’m always grateful for your help in spreading the word. So to increase your odds, please feel free to:
- Follow me on meganblogs.tumblr.com
- Comment/Like/Share the Paris photos I’ll be posting of our trip on Tumblr
- My Tumblr account automatically links my photos to my Facebook page and Twitter account, so you can do the same thing on Blogging with Megan and @meganbroutian
- Comment on this post
- Share this post via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc. (handy icons are right below, see?)
- Enter the giveaway when it is posted, a week from now
I’ll be checking in, whenever I can. It would be lovely to have your company on our trip
That’s it. How does that sound?
To play along, finish the sentence: When I go to Paris, I’ll _________.